Hi guys! Today I'm sharing my go-to clean eating snacks. Reaching for the processed foods when I'm getting hangry just isn't an option for me. Over the last year, I've found a few good staples to have on hand at all times! I can't tell you how many times a Larabar has saved me in the airport from plowing down slow walkers due to my stomach grumbling from being up since 5am. Have no fear, healthy snacks save the day!
From top left to right moving down:
- Barney Almond Butter (bare) - this almond butter is my absolute favorite. It spreads exactly like the peanut butter you remember eating as a child (for me, that was Jiffy). The oils don't separate at all and its smooth texture just can't be beat.
- Raw cashews - I love the rich, decadence that the cashew offers. I have them in a baggy in my purse pretty much always.
- Rx Bars - I just discovered these bars back in the Fall. They are similar to the ever popular Larabar but contain more protein from the egg whites so it keeps me satisfied longer.
- Larabars - I've been promoting Larabars to anyone who will listen for at least three years now. I'm currently on a Carrot Cake kick. If you've not tried a Larabar yet- do yourself a favor and go pick these up today! I find them cheapest at Kroger: 10 for $10!
- Nick's Sticks or any dried minimally processed meats - sometimes I just need something salty. My friend introduced me to Nick's Sticks and I've come to think of them as the healthy version of a SlimJim. They contain no nitrates or artificial flavorings. You can find them online!
- Unsweetened papaya spears - I find these chewy, sweet spears in the bulk section of WholeFoods or Earthfare (be sure to buy unsweetened). They slightly remind me of sweet tea, which sounds strange and might not taste that way to everyone. These are a perfect bite for when you're dying for something sweet and candyish.
- Apple - apple rings + almond butter = do I need to go on?
- Hardboiled eggs - I often get hungry around 10:30 am and typically reach for a hardboiled egg. I make a big batch and keep them in the fridge all week. Slice them in half longways and drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper- it becomes a nice break from the sweeter snacks.
- La Croix - coconut La Croix is my current sparkly obsession. For a tangy twist, squeeze half of a lime into a glass of coconut La Croix. It's amazing, just trust me.