Finding a nondairy yogurt that isn't filled with added sugar has become quite the challenge! I just can't bear to buy products that are filled with added sugars so I decided to find a simple healthy solution. Raw coconut meat has extremely high fiber content which acts like a probiotic and feeds the good bacteria in the intestines to help keep your system regular.
I found frozen coconut flesh at Earthfare and though it wasn't cheap by any means, I decided to give it a splurge! This yogurt treat was super simple to make and doesn't have any added sweeteners! It came out thick and luscious just as you would expect any yogurt to be. I made it into a fun parfait with my Honey & Sea Salt Granola, almond butter and a few fresh blackberries. It was tasty and well worth the money spent!
Coconut Yogurt Parfait
- 1 cup coconut flesh, thawed
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- Honey & Sea Salt Granola, Almond Butter and fresh fruit for layering
- Combine coconut flesh and coconut water in high speed blender. Puree until completely silky.
- Transfer to glass jar and allow to thicken overnight.
- Layer coconut yogurt, granola and blackberries in a parfait glass.
- Top with almond butter, granola and a blackberry.