I had an epiphany in the shower yesterday morning when I had some leftover pureed sweet potatoes. Bananas, diced dates, chopped toasted almonds, almond butter and my homemade take on Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread) all mixed together sounded like a dream! So I popped the leftover sweet potatoes in the oven to warm and laid on the toppings. After an intense spin session in the gym, I was starved and this bowl hit the spot! Who knew sweet potatoes and breakfast went hand in hand? Now we do!
Loaded Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl
- 3/4 cup leftover pureed sweet potatoes (2 peeled and chopped sweet potatoes boiled or steamed for 20 minutes until fork tender combined with 1/4 cup almond milk, 2 tbl vegan butter, dash of salt and cinnamon in a blender)
- 1/2 date diced
- 1/2 sliced banana
- 1 tablespoon chopped toasted almonds
- 1/2 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/2 tablespoon chocolate hazelnut spread
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour pureed sweet potatoes in a small shallow ovenproof dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes until warmed through.
- Add the almond butter and chocolate hazelnut spread to separate plastic bags and cut off the tip if you'd like to make your bowl extra pretty. Otherwise, just spoon on!
- Top with remaining ingredients and enjoy!