I love, love Sundays because they spare me extra time in the kitchen for creating new recipes. I have always adored pancakes but went for at least a year without eating them not knowing I could recreate these fluffy delights in a healthy way. So today I share with you a recipe that is so easy all you need to do is add everything to your blender! If you've got 10 minutes, these fluffy pancakes will be in your belly in no time.
These pancakes are gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar free. This recipe serves two and makes six 4-inch pancakes.
I highly suggest using palm oil to cook these in the skillet, it helps not burn the precious hotcakes.
Blender Banana Pancakes
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 half peeled ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbl palm shortening for skillet
- Add all ingredients to blender. Puree until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick medium/large sized skillet over medium heat.
- Add palm shortening to skillet and melt. Swirl or use a brush to coat the entire bottom of the skillet.
- Test the temperature of your skillet by putting a drop of water into the oil, if it sizzles, you are ready to go!
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake. Help your pancake along but spreading the batter out with the back of a spoon so that the batter is evenly distributed.
- Cook each pancake for about 2 minutes, bubbles should surface. The edges should be firm and you should be able to peak under the pancake looking for a golden brown. Flip and cook for another 1 minute or so. Because your pan and shortening are now nice and hot be sure to adjust your skillet temperature to avoid burning if needed.
- Transfer your cooked pancakes to a plate and tent with foil so that the pancakes remain warm while you finish cooking.
- Repeat cooking process with all pancakes.