I had no clue that today was National Peanut Butter Lover's day but had already chosen this as my midweek pick me up! How absolutely perfect does that work out? These peanut butter cups are completely dairy and gluten free! The filling tastes very similar to their artificial counterparts but without the post treat guilt trip. Saying yes to a healthy life doesn't mean saying no to peanut butter cups! These little wonders are flying out of my fridge like they're going out of style. The maca powder gives these treats the perfect malty flavor not to mention the millions of other benefits in which maca is good for- clear skin, boosted energy, hormone balance, mood lifter! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/2 cup roasted smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbl expeller pressed coconut oil (softened)
- 2 tbl maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbl raw maca powder
- 10 oz vegan dark chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 25 mini paper liners or 10 regular sized paper liners
- Combine peanut butter, oil, syrup, vanilla and maca powder in a small bowl.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Place paper liners in the cavities of a muffin tin. Pour 1 tsp chocolate oil mixture into each muffin cup (for regular size cups) and swirl around until coated. You should have a little pool of melted chocolate in the bottom.
- Roll 1/2 tbl of peanut butter filling into a little ball with your hands, flatten with your palm until the peanut butter is just slightly smaller than the bottom of the liner. Place flattened peanut butter ball in each liner.
- Spoon filling over the ball until it is completely encased by the chocolate.
- Place in the freezer for one hour to set.
- Sprinkle extra maca powder over each cup for a little something special.
Keep these cups fresh in a container in the refrigerator.