My favorite thing to do is sneak veggies into places where you don't even know they are there. And it's not because I don't love to eat my veggies but more that I just feel so good about getting an extra dose of vitamins and phytonutrients in unexpected places. I've been sneaking cauliflower into my smoothie bowls as of late and feel like such a champ every time! Call me weird, it's okay, I can handle it.
Me and this Chocolate Zucchini Banana Bread have been pretty exclusive lately, we see each other daily and he really makes me feel pretty. I love to slather him in vegan butter and chocolate hazelnut spread. Don't tell my hubby, he'll get jealous. But seriously, this bread is loaded with nutrition and is super straightforward to pull together and you must give it a go! As always it is dairy-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free! No guilt here, y'all.
This bread is VERY moist so if you want yours a little "toastier" pop a few slices into the toaster or in the oven on 400 for about 3-5 minutes.
Chocolate Zucchini Banana Bread
- 2 medium/large ripe bananas mashed
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 2 tbl maple syrup
- 2 tbl melted & cooled coconut oil
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour (w/ xantham included)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbl raw cacao powder
- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini absorbed on paper towel
- Sliced bananas for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shred about 1/2 of a large zucchini on a cheese grater, I used the small grates. You should get about 3/4 cup shredded zucchini. Place the zucchini in between two paper towels and press firmly to absorb most of the water. Set aside.
- Mash bananas with a fork in the stand of a Kitchen Aid bowl.
- Add remaining wet ingredients (not the zucchini) to Kitchen Aid and mix well using the paddle attachment.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Fold in zucchini gently.
- Bake bread for 40 minutes. Add sliced banana on top when there are 20 minutes remaining if you’d like.