Sometimes you need to down a simple nourishing smoothie. I've been on a strawberry kick lately and this thick, spoonable smoothie was a pink heaven of sorts. Strawberries are a magnificent source of vitamin C- an antioxidant that is important for the immune system and keeping skin healthy. Just another reason to love the bright, juicy and vitamin filled fruit! A heaping tablespoon of almond butter provides protein, a giant pinch of maca powder keeps up the energy for hours and chia seeds provide a generous dose of Omega-3s!
Simple Strawberry Smoothie
- One cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- Dash of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon raw maca powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- Add all ingredients to a powerful blender and blend until completely smooth. If you'd like your smoothie a little more straw drinkable, add another 1/2 cup almond milk.