Guys! Stop the presses! You can add cauliflower to smoothies!!! I learned this trick from Lee from America and there's no turning back. Extra phytonutrients, extra veggies, all for me! I feel positively giddy when I discover a new way to pack in the nutrition especially when its tastes so yummy. I used purple cauliflower and purple carrots for extra purple pizazz but if you don't have those on hand or have trouble locating them in your supermarket- the normal colors will also do! I didn't need to add too much liquid as the cauliflower, carrots and blueberries break down into a thin liquid as that base. But you should adjust according to the strength of your blender. I hope you find as much joy in eating this as I do! Cheers to cauliflower- you smooth son of a gun, you.
Purple Cauliflower Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup fresh purple cauliflower florets (regular will do too it just won’t be as purple!)
- 1/2 cup purple carrots
- 1/2 cup cashew milk (add more or less pending your type of blender)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen cherry
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tablespoon maca powder
- 1/2 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract or vanilla powder
- Dash of cinnamon
- Couple of ice cubes
- Topped with passion fruit, blueberries, cherries, kiwi and hemp seeds
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender, puree until smooth! If using a Vitamix, use the tamper to move things along.