I've been having tummy issues lately which all started when I was accidentally served dairy over the weekend. I just can't seem to get everything back on track so I'm turning to my trusted digestion friend, ginger! I remember dog-earing this recipe in the Minimalist Baker Cookbook that I bought a few weeks back, so I'm giving it a go! This is my first recipe from the cookbook but everything in the pages looks just superb. This smoothie is loaded with fruits and veggies and I think it will help give me some of those nutritious goodies my body is after.
Thanks Minimalist Baker for the inspo! You can buy the book here: click me.
Ginger Colada Green Smoothie
- 1 tbsp fresh peeled ginger
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup plain coconut yogurt (MB recommends 1/3 cup light coconut milk but I choose dairy free yogurt for extra probiotics)
- 3/4 cup filtered water (if you'd like to make this a smoothie bowl, cut down on the water)
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 large handful spinach
- 1 small handful destemmed kale
- 1 tbsp hulled hemp seeds
- The easiest way I have found to peel ginger is to cut off your knob, this recipe calls for about a 3/4 inch or so. Take the back of a spoon and run it (aggressively) over the ginger peel and it should start to rub off easily.
- Feel free to grate the ginger over the blender so you are certain to not get any big chunks, but if you have a high-speed blender there should be no need to do this- just blender thoroughly.
- Add remaining ingredients to blender and give it a good puree until everything is nice and creamy.