I may be a little premature in my watermelon eating but hey, it's 80 outside so I am going for it! This salad is sweet, salty and super fresh. Did I mention it's crazy easy to prepare? I'll be diving into this salad all summer long and I'm not mad about it.
Watermelon Basil & Mint Salad
- 4 cups cubed watermelon (for me, this was about 1/4 large watermelon)
- 1 tbl extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt flakes or course sea salt
- 3 large mint leaves, chopped or ribboned
- 1/4 cup slivered blanched almonds
For basil sauce:
- 10 large basil leaves
- 2 tbl water
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- Cube watermelon into about 1 inch chunks.
- Toss with olive oil, set aside.
- Make the dressing by finely chopping basil leaves and whisking with remaining ingredients.
- Make the salad by placing the watermelon chunks in a large serving bowl or on individual plates. Top with almond slivers, sea salt flakes, mint and finish with the dressing.
- I like to plate my salad then spoon over the dressing, that way you can store leftovers separately and make a fresh new salad!
-Adapted from Lexi's Clean Kitchen Cookbook Watermelon & Mint Salad