There is just something very special about making your own granola bars! This recipe makes this chewiest granola bars. Crunchy granola bars and cookies have never been my favorite. These bars come together in about 30 minutes total and require no baking! They are jammed with only the best ingredients for your body and taste sweet but aren't going to give you a cavity. As with most of my recipes, these are made gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free. Hope you love them!
Chewy Gooey Granola Bars
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup heaping brown rice syrup
- 1 tbl raw honey
- 3 tbl coconut oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 3 tbl pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbl sunflower seeds
- 1 tbl sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup dried unsweetened cranberries
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Line a 9 inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the cashews and almonds into a food processor. Pulse just a few times to get the nuts broken down into small pieces but not small crumbles.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, cashew/almond mixture, coconut shreds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cranberries and raisins then mix.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the brown rice syrup, honey and coconut oil. Bring to a light simmer and whisk until everything is melted together, about five minutes. It will turn into a caramel like liquid. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients.
- Stir, stir, stir until everything is incorporated and super sticky.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared pan and press the granola down firmly until evenly distributed.
- Place the granola into the freezer for 15 minutes. This will firm up for cutting!
- Lift the granola out of the pan and cut into squares.
Store in an airtight container in fridge.