CHOCOLATE CHIA PUDDDDINGGG!!! In my head, I am pronouncing that in the same way that Oprah announces anything she deems exciting. I find this dairy-free chia pudding recipe to be extremely exciting because when something is as exquisite as the fine pairing of raspberries + chocolate + breakfast it deserves to be called out with enthusiasm! I am continually amazed how wonderful chia pudding is for your body, how splendid it tastes and how uncomplicated it is to prepare. Best of all, I am still jazzed that I can indulge in puddings that have no dairy! This mason jar of goodness could easily pass for dessert in my book and anything that tastes as delicious as dessert but nutritious enough to be called breakfast is a straight winner in my club.
Raspberries and cacao both have antioxidant properties while chia seeds not only fill you with up fiber but are also rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Zero guilt here as I shovel chocolate pudding down before 8am. I hope everyone takes some time today to nourish their bodies! Get out there and enjoy the early spring time weather, it's a great day to have a great day!
Raspberry Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 1 1/4 cups non-dairy milk such as almond milk
- 1 pitted Medjool date
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut chocolate spread (can easily substitute almond butter here!)
- 5 tbl chia seeds, divided into 2 1/2 tbl each
- 1/2 tbl raw cacao powder
- Add all ingredients to the blender leaving out 2 1/2 tbl chia seeds and blend until very smooth.
- Transfer pudding mixture to a mason jar or other glass container and add remaining 2 1/2 tbl chia seeds. Stir or shake to combine thoroughly.
- Leave in fridge to thicken overnight. If your pudding turns out too thin, add more chia seeds and let it sit for 30 more minutes. If it is too thick, add a splash of almond milk.
Makes one large serving or two small