I LOVE waffles. Please enjoy this amazing plate of sweet potato goodness! These waffles are gluten-free, dairy-free, crisp on the outside but pillowy on the inside. The mornings simply don't get better.
Belgian Buckwheat Sweet Potato Waffles
- 1 cup cubed and peeled sweet potatoes (1/2" cubes)
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 pitted Medjool date
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten (You could sub flax egg but I haven't tested)
- Steam sweet potatoes until fork tender, about 20 minutes. (You could also boil them to reach softness)
- Heat waffle maker to desired setting. I used the belgian waffle setting on level 3 (out of 10)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse a few times until combined.
- Everyone's waffle maker is different but I use about 1/4-1/2 cup per waffle.
- Top with fresh berries, maple syrup, coconut whip cream and mint if desired!