This slaw recipe is one of my tried and true favorites. Especially for hot summer days on the boat. It requires minimal effort but is seriously delicious. Slightly tangy from the mayo and lemon juice paired with just the right amount of sweetness from cherries, apple and raisins. YUM. This slaw would also be a perfect healthy option for summer BBQ, Mother’s Day Brunches or just for lunch any day of the week. This slaw is bursting with fruits and veggies and comes with no guilt at all. I absolutely cherish this recipe.
Make it, love it, let me know!
Broccoli Apple Slaw
- 1 head broccoli chopped into small florets
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup toasted and chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/2 large honey crisp apple diced or 1 large red apple
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tbl fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Salt (about 1/4 tsp) and pepper to taste
- Toast walnuts in a pan for about 5 minutes, stirring ensure they don't burn. Coarsely chop.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and stir!
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Eat right away at room temperature or chill in refrigerator. This slaw stays good in the fridge for several days.