Spring time means there have been an abundance of juicy, sweet strawberries hitting the grocery store produce section. I just cannot pass up a buy one, get one deal on organic strawberries which means my refrigerator has just been a storage place for loads of fresh berries. In an attempt to find a new way to use up my supply, I turned to trusty overnight oats. They never fail me and are just perfect for a midday snack at work. I look forward to that 3pm break in my day when I can dig into the creamiest bowl of oats.
The oats and chia soak up the creamy yogurt while it sits overnight creating the most luscious texture. All in all you need about 10 minutes to prepare this recipe and the pay off is incredible! I hope you enjoy these as much as I do especially if you've got strawberries for days in your fridge too!
Strawberry Chia Overnight Oats
- 1 cup strawberries cut in half
- 1 Medjool date
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- Dash of salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbl chia seeds
- 1 cup thick rolled oats
- Add strawberries, coconut yogurt, date and a dash of salt to a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Add puree, oats and chia seeds to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Top with coconut cream.