When only cheesecake will do and you're not into eating dairy-- then turn to Rachel's Blueberry Cheesecake bites because they are just outstanding!!! Cashews have truly saved my life, who knew they could be transformed into just about a million things! These glorious cheesecake bites are perfect to make ahead, pop in the freezer and thaw out when the cravings strike. Tonight, my craving is here and I'm eager to dig in. Yum!!!
Rachel's Blueberry Cheesecakes
- 1.5 cups pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- 1.5 cups cashews (soaked overnight)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbl lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the blueberry topping:
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tbl maple syrup
- Line a muffin tray with paper. liners
- Rinse cashews until the water runs clear.
- In a small sauce pan, combine blueberries and maple syrup and bring to a simmer. Allow the blueberries to break down a bit then gently mash while leaving a few chunks intact.
- Let the blueberry sauce simmer while you make the crust.
- Add the dates, almonds and walnuts to a food processor and pulse until a "dough" mixture forms.
- Scoop about 2 tbls worth of dough into each liner and either using your hand or the back of a spoon, press down to create the crust layer.
- To a high speed blender- add cashews, syrup, coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla and lemon juice. Blend until creamy.
- Fill each liner about 3/4 full. Add some blueberry topping to each liner.
- Cover with foil or plastic wrap and place in fridge until firm if you are eating right away or place in the freezer for later eating.
- They will stay fresh in the fridge for 4-5 days or 2 weeks in freezer.