This nut porridge has been a staple in hour for the last few months now, the versatility of this thick breakfast bowl just can't be beat. I've been playing with the ingredients and combinations of flavors and felt compelled to share a new version of the original recipe of this Creamy Banana Nut Power Bowl. This nut porridge variation has a mouse-like texture once it sets in the fridge for a few hours. With the days turning warmer, I tend to like a colder breakfast- who doesn't?!
Another new addition to the ultra creamy combo is raw macadamia nuts which bring a buttery depth of flavor to the mix. This lush addition almost melts in your mouth once blended and whipped with the other ingredients.
You'll also find almonds, cashews and walnuts in this bountiful bowl of fiber. I'm a strong believe in incorporating nuts into one's daily diet as many studies have shown that nuts can help in prolonging life. I'm all about that so load me UP. My kid's kids are going to love having me and my by-the very old bae along for the ride.
You do need a very powerful blender for the best version of this porridge. If you don't have one, definitely do NOT skip soaking the nights overnight- this not only eases the digestion of nuts on your tummy but also eases the burden on your blender.
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana
- Add all nuts to a medium/large bowl. Cover with water by two inches and add a dash of salt. Cover and let sit overnight.
- Drain and rinse nuts.
- Add nuts, milk, cinnamon and the banana to a blender. Puree until ultra smooth and creamy.
- You can eat this right away if you must but I prefer to place in the fridge for a few hours or overnight. The next day, the mixture will have take on a very whipped like quality!
- Top with fresh fruit, granola, extra cinnamon, raisins or pepitas. The sky is the limit.
This recipe makes about 4 servings and will keep well covered in the fridge for about three-four days. Enjoy!