Standing in front of my fridge, I was faced with the "we have nothing to eat" challenge. I decided to make the most of my new task and recreated a yogurt that I ate often as a kid. It came with the tin foil lid which I always licked clean and offered chunks of peaches throughout the creamy yogurt. No doubt, that very dairy version left my tummy bubbling for days but not realizing the culprit at the time, I loved it!
The memory of that exact yogurt came to mind as my eyes passed over a perfectly ripe peach. I whipped up this dairy-free version in less than five minutes and it brought me right back to childhood. I decided to give the coconut yogurt a bit of zing with fresh ginger because nobody doesn't love a healthy gut, y'all! With just four ingredients, I'll be making this recipe often!
Dairy-Free Ginger Peach Yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free coconut yogurt (I use the So Delicious brand)
- 1 ripe peach, pitted (mine was on the small side) (reserve 1/4 of peach if you'd like a chunkier yogurt)
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger or 1 thin slice ginger, about 1/2 inch in diameter if using high-speed blender no need to grate)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to a blender, blend until smooth and no chunks remain.
- If you prefer a chunky yogurt, dice 1/4 reserved peach and mix into peach yogurt.
- Eat immediately drizzled with honey for extra sweetness or let chill in the fridge!
This yogurt will stay fresh for 3-4 days in fridge.