The three-day weekend has come to a close and I'm honestly so sad to see Memorial Day has come and gone. The weather in Knoxville didn't give us many rays of sunshine but we made the most out of it anyway. My brother came up from Nashville to celebrate his birthday so the entire family piled on the boat! Nine of us to be exact. We tubed, we laughed, we fished, we drank, we ate (A LOT!) and we made some new memories. The family kicked off summer with a bang and I'm excited for the sunnier days in the coming months.
Let's talk smoothie bowls, y'all. I frickin' LOVE them. I wake up dreaming of smoothie bowls. This smoothie bowl rendition has a frozen watermelon base and is whipped up with lots of beautiful mixed frozen berries. The watermelon is incredibly refreshing and so satisfying for a hot summer day. I am looking forward to beating the heat with this twist on a classic summer favorite. Watermelons are comprised of about 90% water but that doesn't mean they aren't a great source of fiber and vitamins!
The best method I've found for freezing watermelon is to space out the chunks evenly on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and freeze overnight. You can then transfer to a tupperware or plastic bag for storage.
Wonderful Watermelon Berry Bowl
- 2 heaping cup frozen watermelon
- 1 cup frozen berry mix- strawberries, raspberries, blueberries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup nut based milk or coconut water (add more liquid if necessary for your blender)
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender. Puree until perfectly smooth. If using a Vitamix, use the tamper to help move the ingredients around. Add more liquid if needed.
- Top with your choice of fresh berries, watermelon and coconut chips!