If you didn’t love licking the top of a chocolate pudding cup as a kid then I’m not sure we can be friends. Just kidding, I’d never shun you. Even if you didn’t engage in such activities- I guarantee you’re going to take down this healthy version of chocolatey dreamy pudding with fervor!
This No FOMO version requires an overnight soak of the incredibly magic nut- cashews! No tofu, no avocado just cashews, coconut milk, hemp and raw cacao whipped up with a few more ingredients give this pudding a beautiful rich depth of flavor.
The recipe makes enough for two large servings but because the pudding is so rich- I actually enjoyed it in small doses throughout the week as a quick after-dinner treat. Of course, let's not forget how amazing this is to pull together without dairy, gluten or refined-sugar! YUM!
Dairy Free Chocolate Pudding
- 3/4 cup soaked cashews
- 1 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 TBSP cacao powder
- 1 date (or 2 if you've got a mad sweet tooth)
- 1 TSP vanilla
- 1/2 ripe medium banana
- Place cashews in a bowl covered with water, let soak for 4 hours or overnight.
- Rinse and drain cashews. Add to blender with remaining ingredients.
- Let chill overnight to thicken up!