The ultimate nutritious all-American dessert for the ultimate all-American weekend celebrating the 4th of July! This cobbler is gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free!!! YES!
My family is heading to Knoxville for the long weekend and we're planning a few days chocked full of lake time, sunshine and games. But first, cobbler! This recipe requires only one bowl and is super easy to make. We all need a great fresh berry cobbler recipe in our arsenal and this one is mine. I'm sharing it with all you beautiful people and I hope you make it your friends and family this weekend. It truly is the ultimate delicious treat with no guilt.
I didn't add too much extra sweetener to these berries because they were just so delicious on their own. If you have a crazy sweet tooth- feel free to add a tablespoon or two more to the berries.
Gluten-Free Summer Berry Cobbler
For the berries:
- 7-8 cups mixed fresh berries (I used 4 cups diced strawberries, 4 cups mix of cherries, blueberries and raspberries)
- 3 TBSP coconut sugar
- 2 TBSP arrowroot powder
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
For the topping:
- 1 cup gluten-free traditional oats
- 1 cup chopped raw pecans
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 TBSP unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 TBSP coconut oil (melted)
- 2 TBSP maple syrup (more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 13x9 baking dish (I used coconut oil)
- Dice berries to uniform bite sizes pieces
- Add all berries, coconut sugar, arrowroot powder and lemon juice to a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add to the greased dish.
- Wipe out the bowl.
- Add oats, pecans, flour, coconut, cinnamon and salt to the bowl. Stir. Add vanilla, coconut oil and maple. Stir again. Taste and add more maple if desired.
- Top berries with the oat mixture and spread evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes. If your oats don’t crisp up- turn on broiler to high and brown for 1 minute (checking constantly to not let topping burn).
- Serve with cashew ice cream or coconut whipped topping.
Cover and store in the fridge if not eating right away. Will keep for about four days. Reheat in oven at 350 degrees.