Matcha Maca Chia Pudding! Say that five times fast and try not to get tongue tied. Oh boy, this recipe is a keeper. This bright chia pudding has it ALL! Energy boosting, check. Antioxidant packing, check. Delectable tasting, DOUBLE CHECK!
After traveling for the last month and a half for work, I've been feeling very off lately. My routine is trashed, my food has been restaurant prepared and my body is begging for me to give it a rest!
I've been craving all things green lately because they just make me feel better! For me, green signals nutrient dense foods which triggers my body into feeling uplifted almost instantly. I've been trying to pack as much green colored items into my life as possible and I'm surprised I didn't try to throw a bit of spinach or kale into this chia pudding. Believe me, it crossed my mind. (Going on the to-do list to taste test!)
This chia pudding is at the very top of my chia pudding adoration list and for good reason. Both the matcha and raw maca poweder are energy boosters so this is the perfect morning treat to kick start your day! Matcha is also rich in antioxidants! Maca supports mood balance and brings a malty flavor to the pudding. The liquid in this recipe is canned coconut milk which gives the pudding it's thick and lush texture. YUM!
The chia seeds and coconut milk satiate hunger and will keep you powered up mentally and physically.
I'm sending each and every one of you positive vibes today because I believe you receive what you put out. Much love, cheers! - Cait
Matcha Maca Chia Pudding
One can full fat coconut milk
5 tablespoons black chia seeds
3 teaspoons matcha powder
3 tablespoons white or red raw maca powder
2 soft, pitted Medjool dates (if your dates are not soft, soak them in hot water for 30 minutes before blending)
1 or 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (I LOVE vanilla so I use 2 tsps but that might be considered overkill for some folks, tone it down if you prefer a less bold vanilla flavor)
Suggested topping: 1 TBSP shredded unsweetened coconut, 1 tsp raw honey, 1 TBSP chopped raw cashews and 1/2 TBSP raw pepitas
- Add chia seeds to a glass container.
- Add coconut milk, matcha, maca, dates and vanilla to a high speed blender. Blend for at least thirty seconds or until all bits of date have been pureed.
- Pour matcha maca coconut milk mixture over the chia seeds into the glass container.
- Whisk very thoroughly. Take a look around the bottom of the bowl and make sure you don't have any chia seeds sticking to the glass. Give it another really good whisking to ensure your chia seeds do not clump.
- Cover and store in the fridge for at least 8 hours or (preferably) overnight.
- If your chia seed pudding is too thick once set, add 1 TBSP water or coconut milk to thin out- continue as needed. If you prefer a thicker consistency, add 1 tsp chia seeds to the pudding and let rest for thirty minutes to thicken.
- Top with chopped raw cashews, pepitas, coconut shreds and a bit of honey for added sweetness.
Makes 4 large portions for breakfast. Enjoy!!