If you are on the hunt (as I ALWAYS am) for a knock your socks off, can't believe it's not dairy ultra creamy dip to help celebrate America's birthday- then you have arrived at the right place! This dairy-free, vegeterian friendly Spinach and Artichoke dip is astonishingly creamy and cheezy.
I can't say this is the lightest dip I've ever served but my golly it might be the BEST dip I've created. The plant-based cream cheese in this dip really takes the creamy factor over the edge. The cheezy flavors paired with slightly sweet spinach, chunky artichoke hearts and just a hint of spicy heat is out of this world delicious. My mouth is watering and I'm seriously considering taking the leftovers out of the fridge right now to demolish before anyone else gets back home. This recipe will not disappoint and it will certainly win over any dairy-free skeptics in your life. They'll be clamoring over it and saying "I can't believe it not dairy!" Which is always the goal for me!
I everyone has a safe and happy holiday!
Dairy-Free Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 1 TBSP ghee
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup soaked, rinsed and drained raw cashews
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese, I recommend Kite Hill brand
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (Use more if you like it spicy!)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 14 ounce can water packed artichoke hearts
- 15 ounces or 1lb frozen chopped spinach (this was 1.5 bags for me)
- Soak cashews overnight or soak in boiling water for one hour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place a round cast iron skillet over medium heat and add ghee to coat skillet.
- Add diced onion and saute for five minutes or until translucent.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- To a high speed blender: add cashews, cream cheese, water, lemon and onion garlic mixture. Puree until ultra creamy. Add nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, cayenne. Blend. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed- add more salt, pepper or cayenne.
- Drain artichoke hearts and pat dry. Add to the same cast iron skillet you used to saute the onion/garlic. Add the chopped spinach. Stir to combine.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the artichoke hearts and spinach. Stir.
- Bake in the oven uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove and give it a stir before serving if a thin skin has formed on top.
- Serve with red pepper flakes, tortilla chips, plantain chips or carrot coins.
Store covered in the fridge and reheat in the oven on 350 degrees for 20 minutes before serving.