The first time I made my own almond butter, I couldn't get over how rich and wonderful it turned out! Why had I been stocking my pantry all these years with store bought almond butter?! My homemade almond butter was SUPER simple to make and I urge you all to take the leap on making your own nut butter.
Creamy Almond Butter
- 2 cups raw almonds
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place almonds on roasting pan and roast for 10 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Add almonds to food processor or high speed blender with a pinch of salt.
- In my Vitamix, this nut butter only took about four minutes to reach smoothness. In a powerful food processor, it should take about 15-20 minutes. The nuts will release their own oil so give them time to break down and produce their own liquid. Stop the machine frequently and scrape down sides.
- VOILA, HOMEMADE ALMOND BUTTER!
Store almond butter in fridge. Eat by spoonful, it's good for you. :)