I recently entered this beauty in an Instagram contest hosted by Purely Elizabeth. The Purely Elizabeth brand is celebrating National Oatmeal Month by awarding one winner a year's supply of free Purely Elizabeth in addition to a $200 WholeFoods giftcard. The winner had to use the Purely Elizabeth Oatmeal in a unique, pretty and delicious way! Though the winner has yet to be announced, I had such fun creating this cheesecake and will absolutely be making this again come summertime.
I was clearly dreaming of warm, sunny days when planning out this endeavor. I cherish the candy-like quality of tart lemon paired with sweet raspberries and a buttery, rich and decadent crust. Making a crust from granola, oats and dates made this chewy crust a no brainer. And of course this baby is gluten and dairy free! Cashews and I have become quite close friends, I add them to all sorts of things when I'm after a creamy texture. This cheesecake was so simple to make and no oven time required.
- 1/2 cup Purely Elizabeth Ancient Grain Oatmeal
- 1.5 cup Purely Elizabeth Original Ancient Grain Granola
- 1 lb pitted dates
- 3 frozen bananas
- 3 cups raw cashews
- 2/3 cup quality maple syrup
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 & 1/3 cup frozen raspberries,
- 1 cup hulled strawberries
- 4 dates
- 1 tbl honey
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 9-inch springform pan
- Cover 3 cups cashews in water and let sit overnight.
- Make the crust by combining Ancient Grain Oatmeal and Granola in a food processor. Process until the mixture becomes very crumbly. Add 1lb dates. Process until your crust becomes very sticky, about 30 seconds.
- Press crust into bottom of pan.
- Freeze crust for twenty minutes.
- Meanwhile make the cashew cream cheese by draining and rinsing cashews. Add rinsed cashews, 2 frozen bananas, maple syrup, lemon juice and zest to high powered blender (such as Vitamix!) and blitz until velvety smooth.
- Remove crust from freezer and pour all but about 1 cup of cashew cream cheese to the pan.
- Put pan back into freezer and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Add frozen raspberries, strawberries, dates, honey and vanilla powder to remaining mixture in blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Remove pan from freezer and pour final layer on top.
- Put pan back in freezer for five hours. Remove and let defrost slightly before cutting!
- Top with raspberries and lemon zest for aesthetic.