Jam is especially easy to make at home. This recipe will have you never looking back to the jarred grocery store jam again. I love adding it on top of oatmeal bowls or spread over some gluten-free bread. I also am guilty of eating it by the spoonful in front of the fridge paired with almond butter, PB&J nostalgia!
Strawberry Chia Jam
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Wash strawberries and cut off stems.
- Place strawberries and honey into a sauce pan and cook over medium-high heat for five minutes or until strawberries begin to soften and break down.
- Transfer strawberries honey mixture to blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour back into sauce pan and add in chia seeds. Cook for twenty minutes, stirring jam frequently. The jam will thicken as the chia seeds absorb the moisture. Let cool.
- Once cooled, transfer to a jar. Jam will stay fresh for seven days!