I have been on a peanut butter bender lately! I crave it daily and find it extra scrumptious when drizzled over sweet ripe figs. This oatmeal bowl is beyond creamy and over the top tasty.
My body wakes up craving fuel and this decadent breakfast of plant protein and fiber is the answer to my growling tummy on the regular. The best part? It’s easy and quick to get you out the door and into your day revving to go!
I’m pretty much rolling out the doormat for the autumn season waiting patientily for cool temperatures and changing leaf colors to arrive! This warm breakfast is just the perfect way to start a cool day. With addicting peanut butter, a double dose of rich coconut flavors from the milk and oil, finished with the sweet kiss of my ever-favorite frui: the banana. The fig slices on top provide a little bit of crunch and chew which is the perfect way to top this bowl.
Figgy Peanut Butter Oatmeal (vegan)
- 2/3 cup old fashion oats
- 1.5 cups water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 TBSP natural peanut butter
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 4 medium or 6 small figs, sliced
- Extra peanut butter for drizzling
- Optional toppings: coconut butter, raisins, granola, goji berries
- Add the water, coconut milk, old fashioned oats and 1 sliced banana to a small pot over medium-high heat.
- Stir and bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer until the oats have absorbed the liquid This should take about 15 minutes for two servings!
- Once the liquid is absorbed, add the peanut butter and coconut oil. Stir until everything is perfectly melted together!
- Divide oatmeal into bowls and top with the figs, peanut butter, sliced banana and any other desired toppings.
- *Tip: heat the peanut butter in the microwave for 20 seconds for optimal drizzling!